Hey crafty friends! Welcome to my monthly scrapbook goals recap and new goals post. I started setting goals in April and its seemed to work well so here we are for another month to keep the momentum. Without further ado we’ll start with a recap of May’s scrapbook goals and how I did with them.
- I wanted to complete four layouts during May. I met that goals this month, but was not able to exceed it. I’ll expand on that in June’s goals.
- I wanted to use three pieces of flair from my inappropriately large flair stash. Unfortunately, I didn’t meet this goal. I only used one 🙂 I just seem to keep forgetting to use them or when I do they don’t fit where I need an embellishment.
- I wanted to kill my 2017 Simple Stories Easter kit. I did it! I made one layouts, which I shared here yesterday. I have two rows of pocket cards left (I don’t pocket scrap) and one pieces that is maybe 4×8. I’d call the kit killed.
- I wanted to kill my 6×6 Vintage Bliss paper pad. I had fifteen sheets left and made three layouts. There were no full size sheets left and nothing bigger than like 4×2, and of course no embellishments since I didn’t have any. I think making three layouts with a 6×6 and no embellishments is pretty good so I’m considering that killed as well.
For June I want to shift my focus a little and work on organizing my space a bit. Reducing my stash size is a huge goal for me, but I have shifted my scrap space from a huge area in the basement to a folding table in the family room. I’m finding that I’m always looking for something that isn’t up here, things are falling of my cart or I can’t search my paper easily, etc.
So here’s my list of June 2020 scrapbook goals to make my creating in this new space easier:
- I would like to aim again for four layouts this month even with this re-organization project going on.
- I will be organizing all my 12×12 paper in a 31 your way cube using Darice self storing bags. I will never take a collection from it’s original bag again. Even though they were tight in their storage area, and I used binder clips – everything was always falling all over.
- If a collection has matching embellishments I will be taking though out of the package and attaching them to a single sheet of cardstock using a repositionable mounting square. That single sheet will go in the Darice package. My goal is to be able to see my die cuts when I’m creating without having them in a bowl on the table since my table size has been reduced. I also want to be able to discard all that packing. I’ll show you the trash can when I’ve completed it to see how much waste there was.
- Re-organize my cart so I can get to everything nicely. I know this sounds easy, but I’m not sure it will be as I’m still trying to adapt my whole room storage to the cart.
So do you think I can do it? Do you think it’s to many goals….not enough…should I focus on something else? Share your thoughts with me, and tips or tricks you have for using things up or your goals for the month. Until next time…stay crafty!
Leave a Reply